If you’ve been to Israel on a group trip, the likelihood is that MASA had something to do with it. MASA, meaning “journey,” is Israel’s umbrella organization for long-term Israel programs.
MASA is currently looking for a Recruitment Coordinator– a job that lies at the crux of their mission. This is a great job for someone looking to deepen their connections with Israel.
If you are looking to transition to Israel, a job like this is a great way to do it as MASA works internationally between its New York and Jerusalem hubs. With job openings frequently available due to the growing demands for MASA programming, I am betting that you could transfer from the US to Israel and continue working with MASA.
Here is MASA’s posting.
The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing recruitment initiatives and for working with partner organizations to promote recruitment for MASA programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Building recruitment strategies and programs with partners at major universities, Hillels, camps, high schools, synagogues, schools, youth groups, etc.)
- Working with national organizations that work with young Jews to build the capacity for MASA recruitment
- Working with program organizers to support their recruiting efforts and to design and execute joint recruiting activities
- Overseeing MASA-Hillel Campus Grant Program
- Designing and overseeing system for evaluating effectiveness of recruiting activities
- Excellent interpersonal and sales skills
- Minimum 2 years experience designing and managing national marketing and recruitment projects
- Good collaborator and relationship builder
- Track record of being extremely well organized and consistent about follow through with details
- Personal experience participating in a long term program in Israel, or experience in living in Israel
- Hebrew speaking ability highly preferred
- Bachelors degree, Masters preferred
About MASA– In Its Own Words
MASA Israel Journey: The Gateway to Long-Term Israel Programs, enables thousands of Jewish young adults to spend a semester or year in Israel on one of over 100 approved programs by providing information, scholarships, and more.
MASA’s aim is to help young Jews from around the world build a life-long relationship with Israel and a firm commitment to Jewish life.
MASA is dedicated to developing new and exciting quality programs which express the multi-faceted experience of Israel.
MASA’s North American office is seeking candidates for a full-time staff position based in New York. Appropriate candidates will be entrepreneurial, high-energy, and eager to contribute on all levels in a dynamic, “start-up” environment.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your resume and salary history to Avi Rubel: avir@MASAIsraesl.org.
MASA is a division of the Jewish Agency for Israel. Don’t think of applying without understanding each fully. Here are some links to help you on your way.
- “Know Your Jewish Philanthropy: The Federations, the Joint, and the Jewish Agency” (MASA is included)
- The Jewish Agency’s Israel Experiences webpage (I highly recommend learning this website thoroughly to get a full sense of the Jewish Agency’s programming. The site has been redesigned and a vast improvement)
- Understand Hillel’s Israel programming, since it seems like an important part of this job
- And also, “Master Israel with the Jewish Agency’s University Tour” (to get a fuller sense of the extent of the Jewish Agency’s activities)
Like what you are reading? Please subscribe by e-mail or feed reader by clicking the sidebar icons.