A little bit of humor to brighten you day. Who are the richest of the rich fictional characters? From Scrooge McDuck to Lucius Malfoy, the answers may surprise you.
Here they are in all their literary glory:
- Scrooge McDuck, $28.8 billion
- Ming the Merciless, $20.9 billion
- Richie Rich, $16.1 billion
- Mom, $15.7 billion
- Jed Clampett, $11 billion
- C. Montgomery Burns, $8.4 billion
- Carter Pewterschmidt, $7.2 billion
- Bruce Wayne, $7 billion
- Thurston Howell III, $6.3 billion
- Tony Stark, $6 billion
- Fake Steve Jobs, $5.7 billion
- Gomez Adams, $2. billion
- Willy Wonka, $1.9 billion
- Lucius Malfoy, $1.6 billion
- Princess Peach, $1.3 billion
Pop Quiz: Can you match the correct billionaire with his/her information? Try your hand.
- “Tongues continue to wag concerning —‘s longtime habit of keeping teenage boys as ‘wards,’ rumored rubber suit fetish”
- This billionaire’s hosting habits have been marked as needing improvement: “Saudi Aramco delegation reportedly offended after being served lunch of “possum-fried critter” by provocatively attired —“
- “Literally swims in gold coins for exercise”
- “Descendant of Castilian royalty and British aristocrats owes fortune to quirky–and lucky–investment style: bought a swamp for “scenic value,” subsequently discovered massive oil deposit underneath; purchased mummified hand at flea market”
- Upon having his mansion ransacked for the environmental disaster he brought upon his community, told his assistant: “I don’t believe in suicide, but if you’d like to try it, it might cheer me up to watch”
- “Majority stockholder in Cisco Systems, primary investor in Facebook…invented robot maid, solid gold cellphone, e-mail spam engine….flew iceberg from the North Pole to — so friends could go skating”
- “A convicted criminal and — prison escapee, miraculously managed to avoid being sent back to jail thanks to well-timed ‘donations’ to charities… In June, attempted to corner the global cauldron market”
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- “Bugs: Asserting the Jewishness of this Funny Bunny”
- “Mel Brooks Starts New Foundation: Schmucks for Schmuck”
- “Jewish Philanthropy with a Twist: Find This Man a Bride”
And the answers to our pop quiz…. drum roll, please….
Bruce Wayne/ Jed Clampett/ Scrooge McDuck/ Gomez Adams/ C. Montgomery Burns/ Richie Rich/ Lucius Malfoy
Is anyone else scared silly that Lucius Malfoy is a billionaire?
(Credit: All images sourced from Forbes‘ article; tip off from the Wall Street Journal’s Wealth Report.)
Like what you are reading? Please subscribe by e-mail or feed reader by clicking the sidebar icons.