Welcome to my Hire Me page. I am a professional freelance writer with a passion and love for writing and helping nonprofits, community organizations, and universities advance their missions.
You can read samples of my writings on the pages of my blog as well as on my Read Me page. I am currently working as a writer, consultant, and editor, as well as on a number of personal creative projects.
Testimonials on Recent Projects
- “Maya Norton is an outstanding professional, a valued team player and an incredibly creative wordsmith. I greatly appreciated her initiative in taking on challenging tasks and seeing the jobs through to completion with excellent results. Maya has her fingers on the on the pulse of the Jewish philanthropic world and understands the complex dynamics of fundraising intuitively. I was privileged to have Maya on the University of Haifa team and we all benefited greatly from her outstanding blogging skills and inherent knowledge of the workings of social media.”
~ Tamara Klinger-Levy, Director, Department of Donor Affairs, University of Haifa
- “Maya Norton did outstanding work copy-editing for PresenTense Magazine. Her attention to detail in combination with her thoughtful and nuanced approach to the text make her a highly perceptive and effective editor. In addition, her abounding enthusiasm and obvious passion for her work make it a pleasure to work with her. PresenTense Magazine very much looks forward to working with Maya further in the future.”
~ Deborah Fishman, Editor, PresenTense Magazine
- “When our organization turned its attention to grant writing, it became obvious that we did not have the time or the staff that was required to review our grant proposal and make certain it aligned with the mission of the foundation we were applying to. Maya’s input and recommendations proved to be very helpful. She volunteered her time to review our proposal and provided excellent input on the content and delivery. On behalf of SmartVolunteer, I would like to thank Maya for her time and hard work.”
~ Mary Roben, Executive Director, SmartVolunteer
- “Excellent work done in a professional manner, making our Powerpoint presentation outstanding.”
~ Nurit Barkai, Kibbutz Administrator, Kibbutz Rosh HaNikra
I’ve been cited on lists of the:
- “100 Incredible Philanthropy Blogs”
- “20 Nonprofit and Philanthropy Blogs Written by People of Color
- “100 Most Influential Jewish Twitterers” (JTA: May 2009, #28)
I’ve also been named as a top blogger by AllTop and Top Nonprofit Blogs.
Please contact me at mayan80 [at] yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you.