Welcome to my Read Me page, where you can learn about other projects I am involved in in addition to The New Jew: Blogging Jewish Philanthropy.
I am a professional freelance writer. My love of writing imbues everything that I do, as I hope you can see. Please contact me at mayan80 [at] yahoo.com if you would like a hand with a project or proposal. I am available for hire.
Please also take a look at my client testimonials.
Sample Articles: Global Voices Online
Please see the full list of my articles for Global Voices here.
- “Palestine: Celebrating Valentine’s Day” (Feb. 2008)
- “Israel: Cyber Activists Promote Sderot” (Feb. 2008)
- “Israel: Israeli Bloggers Respond to Crisis in Palestine” (Jan. 2008)
- “Palestine: Dance Prodigy Hopes to Make it Big in World of Classical Ballet” (Jan. 2008)
- “Israel: Ms. Magazine Shuns Ad Promoting Leadership of Israeli Women” (Jan. 2008)
- “Israel: President Bush Visits Israel” (Jan. 2008)
- “Israel: Journalists Face Possible Jail Time for Visits to Enemy States” (Dec. 2007)
- “Israel: Rockets Hit Sderot, Flame the Israeli Blogosphere” (Dec. 2007)
Editing & Consulting Experience
- Copywriter for PresenTense Magazine (Spring 2008– present)
- Editor and consultant for Gina O’Connell Higgins on her upcoming book Harvard Never Prepared Me for This: Resilience in Action (working title). See her previous work, Resilient Adults: Overcoming a Cruel Past— five stars on Amazon
- Consultant for SmartVolunteer’s capital campaign (Spring 2008)
- Israel Tech Trips— Exploring the possibility of bringing technologically oriented trips to Israel from the US in order to promote and deepen connections with Israel’s technology sector
- Jewish Energy Project— Participating in the Jewish Energy Project, exploring the possibility of forwarding Israeli technology through new ways of communal giving
- Jewish Idea-a-Day Project— Working on a Jewish Idea a Day project in which one member of the group comes up with an idea for Israel and the Jewish community and we discuss its value and application
- “Ruggers Love the Maul” for NewsSmith of Smith College, 2001
- “Women in Movement: Politically, Geographically, Economically, Intellectually” for NewsSmith of Smith College, 2001
- “Indigenous People Frustrated by UN Conference” for Cultural Survival Quarterly, 1999